Welcome to the Scottish Technology Teachers Association
The Technology Teachers’ Association was founded in 1955 and is financed through membership fees and sponsorship. Its resources are devoted entirely to supporting and encouraging a high standard of design, engineering and technology educational provision throughout Scotland.
The objective of the TTA is to advance design, engineering and technology education for all, by organising, encouraging, promoting and developing design, engineering and technology education.
The objective of the TTA is to advance design and technology education for all by organising, encouraging, promoting and developing design and technology education provision both statutory and voluntary, nationally and internationally.
Technology Teachers Association Member Benefits
- The Journal – A newsletter, published quarterly containing news and views on current thinking
- An E-journal which can be read on iPads or other tablet PCs
- A website containing teaching resources
- Representation on national bodies to formulate design and technology policy
- Tax deductible subscriptions
- An annual conference offering CPD opportunity with practitioners’ workshops
- Free, open competitions in all Design & Technology subjects for pupils. Trophies and cash prizes for successful students and some awards have prizes for the school
- Free, open recognition of outstanding contributions of teachers in various capacities
Members and non-members are equally welcome to join us for a day packed with interest. We run a series of workshops which will contribute to your CPD. There is a full exhibition of education suppliers of technology equipment and resources, an award ceremony, as well as an opportunity to meet your colleagues from throughout Scotland.
This years Conference is being held at Shawlands Academy, Glasgow on 12th November. More information can be found HERE
For more info click here